L&D Capacity Planning Checklist - 2023
“Did you know that the role of L&D is changing? The traditional model of a centralized department that provides learning and development programs for employees is becoming obsolete. In its place, organizations are starting to see Learning and Development as a strategic partner in business transformation. This means that L&D professionals need to be able to not only design and deliver exceptional training programs, but also have the ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities for learning.
If you’re like most L&D professionals, you’re always looking for ways to improve your delivery capacity. But where do you start? And how do you know when you’ve done enough? How can you make sure your team is ready for the challenges of 2022?
This handy L&D Capacity Planning Checklist will help you get started.
- Understand the boundaries of your existing resources
1)Create a demand forecast report by required time commitment and skills needed.
2)Draw skills inventory for each individual team member.
- Estimate capacity vs. demand and create a project resource plan ahead of time.
- Set up Capacity Monitoring to meet capacity requirements.
- Create a Contingency plan to address urgent requests and unexpected difficulties.
- Address long term capacity shortages which can be addressed through
2) Long term hires.
3) New tools and software’s.
- Ensure high resource utilization and protect the business’s profitability.
- Align capacity with resources planning
1) Define individual project demands in order to appropriately map hours and skills to each project.
2) Devise a team schedule for effective resource allocation.
- Streamline the Resource Requisition process to meet project deadlines.